Sunday, August 29, 2010

Flight

This is one of the early shots I took with my camera after I got it for a Christmas present. We were in Arizona over the holidays and took a hike at Saguaro Lake, in the Superstition Mountains. A mom and her teen son were playing with what was his new camera as well. She pointed out this osprey, ready to dive for dinner, and I just followed along and snapped in continuous shooting mode. Lucky for me, I caught the photo of the lucky bird catching his not-so-lucky dinner.



Jon caught the same series, from a little bit different angle... http://northernillinoisbirder.blogspot.com/2010/06/ospreys.html

7 comments:

  1. I like the composition with the bird in the corner. Nice catch with a new camera. Looked at the other shots in your link and I liked them a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful bird and great job on catching the action at just the right moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice catch... you may want to try to dodge or burn part of the photo to accentuate the bird, nice though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect timing girl...this is a great action shot...you caught it right before the "gorey" details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great timing and what a way to make friends with the now not new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great action shot. A magnificent animal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice capture on the outspread wings!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?