Monday, July 5, 2010

Photos from U. S. Independence Day

I love Independence Day (U.S. 4th of July). I love the corny parades, the people wearing red, white, and blue clothes, and mostly, I love fireworks! I followed the instructions in Scott Kelby's blog and captured these images over Lake Dillon in Colorado.


Settings: Camera on BULB mode; shooting with live view and a cable. ISO 200, f/11. Manual mode, manual focus set to infinity. Focal length varies. I zoomed in for quite a few, which was fun, but usually ended up chopping off the tops. Zooming out gave me some reflection in the lake (first image). It was fun shooting these!

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful sparklers! Tell people you meant cropping not chopping then it is ARTISTIC not just a happy boo boo. Great images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are all just gorgeous, the colors, the designs, everything is just expodingly beautiful! :)

    Hope you had a fun 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great firework shots! Thanks for the settings info. Happy belated Independence Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Val. I LOVE the first one with the colored light on the lake. Really well done....

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great, the top especially. Not just the reflection but a bit of the scene to put one in the action.

    ReplyDelete
  6. EXCELLENT fireworks shots! I aspire to do half as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic fireworks! I had a hard time deciding which I liked best--in the end (tough call...) I think the one with the reflection in the lake, because of the extra depth.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?