Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Did anyone bring the Dramamine?

The road to get to and from the raft launch, and the Salt River itself, are both very curvy! This shot was taken on the way back to Phoenix, from one of the overlooks. The cluster of cars marks where rafters leave their vehicles. Just below and beyond that is the launch beach (with the first set of rapids coming almost immediately), then you paddle and float your way 13 miles to the take out, downstream and around countless curves through this gorgeous canyon.

15 comments:

  1. How beautiful! You must have had a fantastic trip.

    Are you on a sabbatical or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another brilliant shot! Wow! You almost get dizzy looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow .... I'll take a cab, please!! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be fighting for the front seat on that drive!

    I like your new blog banner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic river valley shot, the dynamite would spoil it methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another unbelievable shot. Glad I didn't have to hike this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shot. Takes your breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I will take the road more traveled. Rafting never appealed to me, but a lot of folks get their thrills in our rivers. You found a nice spot to get the full picture here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really curvy and really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Julie. Not on sabbatical (I wish!)..I went to AZ for a long weekend. Stuff is close together so you can pack a lot into 3 days! (And...you can stretch it out over lots of blog days!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOH I have been there!! Didn't get a picture like this though. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super angle on this shot - really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning! Mother Nature at her best! Fabulous shot!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?