Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Athletic

Earlier, you saw some photos from our stop at the Colorado National Monument. At the first parking lot, we stopped to check a map and change into hiking boots. Adjacent to this lot was a bicycle park where some teenaged boys were showing off their athletic skills on the course. My camera was already in my pack, so I used Jon's, which was mounted with his monster Sigma 150-500 mm lens. I felt pretty athletic being able to handhold some shots of the kids putting bikes through their paces.



 The third shot isn't as sharp as the other two, but I like that it really shows off just how high these boys were jumping off the ramps.

11 comments:

  1. Great captures of the airborne bikes and riders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful captures! Love how you stopped the action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to close my eyes when looking at the first shot! Has anyone mentioned safety equipment to these lads?? LOL AS IF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep off the seat until you land, or the flip over the handlebars or man berry crunch will hurt! Can you tell I learned my lesson from my bike jumping?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great action shots! (and, um, "man berry crunch"?!...what an image!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic action shots. The mom/pediatrician in me winces, but the photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly got some actions shots of these riders being airborne, flying high!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Athletic, bold, foolhardiness of youth...anyway..spectacular to observe but I'm with many of you in that it looks rather dangerous..like quadriplegic dangerous.(That's the Grandma in me speaking!) Great action shots, regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good steady hands with the big lens! If he lands wrong I guess he can stasy in the choir for a while longer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. really cool action shots! must have been fun using that monster lens!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the motion in those and the shadow of the bike in the top one

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?