Friday, July 29, 2011

Summer theater

We enjoy supporting our community theater productions, especially when family or friends are in the cast, and in costume.This summer, we saw Jon's daughter at the Wicked Witch of the West, in "The Wizard of Oz", and one of his colleagues as Edna Turnblad (a role traditionally played by a male actor) in "Hairspray".



Both of these were taken handheld, at some distance, no flash, with my new "purse" camera - a Panasonic Lumix ZS8; 14.1 MP and 16x optical zoom. Nice little purse cam!

9 comments:

  1. I like the shadow of the witch's hat. I have a Wizard of Oz shot to come later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your new toy can do great things. Great captures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we never had summer theater in our area. I love both pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great witch shot, are you licenced to carry a concealed camera?? LOL Good results, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great shots to share a laugh over later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shadow of the hat too and I love that you get to see friends and family perform. I still like my aging Panasonic. Looks like this is much better at low light.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots from your purse cam! I love live community productions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is this the Cheap Trick daughter? ;-)

    Nice captures and yes, one needs to avoid the flash. I wonder if anymore John Water's films will be covered? I like Polyester myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Val, I read this post and went to look at these cameras! I bought one!! My little Canon was difficult to use and I love this one! I knew it would be good if you used one! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?