Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Big and Small

Although the 1000 Indonesian Rupiah note looks big, it's actually quite small...worth about 11 cents U.S. The physical size is big compared to the smaller coins atop it. I was playing with the smallest possible DOF at this focal length, really focus on the "1000".

Shutter: 1/20 (tripod mounted), f/5.6, ISO 100, focal length 218mm set to self-timer to avoid camera shake. Manual focus, Av (aperture priority). Shot RAW; clarity slide bumped for sharpness.

5 comments:

  1. Can I have the BIG bills? LOL I love the image you captured here..the focus and blur turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice! i like the focus you selected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic concept for the theme, my first tri[ to indonesia, was my first and last time as a Millionaire (Rupiah millionaire alas) Brought back real fun memories thanks. Terima Kasih Banyak untuk peringatan itu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting combination. I must get busy and come up with something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice selective focus and the use of a tripod really gave you a nice sharpness.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?